Postgraduate Diploma in Business is a Level 8 qualification consisting of eight papers taught over one year. The teaching materials have been designed by Southern Cross University and successful completion will result in an NZQA-approved award of the Postgraduate Diploma in Business from ICL Graduate Business School.
8200 Accounting for Managers (Level 8)
8241 Marketing (Level 8)
8230 Organisational Behaviour (Level 8)
8220 Economics and Quantitative Analysis (Level 8)
9201 Global Business (Level 9)
9202 Entrepreneurship and Marketing (Level 9)
9203 Project Management (Level 9)
9230 Leading and Managing People (Level 9)
Total credits 120
The programme is taught over three 16-week trimesters: a total of 12 months. In the first two trimesters students take three papers and in the third trimester two, allowing for a repeat if necessary.
According to NZQA, students with a Postgraduate Diploma are able to:
- Show evidence of advanced knowledge about a specialist field of enquiry or professional practice
- Engage in rigorous intellectual analysis, criticism and problem-solving
Postgraduate Diploma in Business graduates will find opportunities for employment in positions of responsibility such as Project Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager and a wide variety of related roles in business. Skills and knowledge gained through this programme prepare graduates to be effective entry-level managers with the ability to think critically, manage information and solve problems in contemporary workplaces. These skills are transferable across many industries both nationally and internationally.
On successful completion of this qualification from 26 November 2018, graduates may be eligible for a three-year open post-study work visa.
- All admissions are approved by ICL Graduate Business School
- Applicants must have a Bachelor Degree or Graduate Diploma in a business-related field.
- International students must also present IELTS with a minimum score of 6.5 overall, with no band less than 6.0, or an equivalent recognized by NZQA.
7 Jan 2019
6 May 2019
2 Sep 2019
18 Feb 2019
17 Jun 2019
14 Oct 2019